Celebrate World Heart Day with Norwegian Fjord Trout at AEON
In conjunction with World Heart Day, Norwegian Seafood Council is collaborating with AEON on a month-long campaign from 27 September to 27 October 2019 with ‘Norwegian Fjord Trout for a Healthy Heart’!
Her Excellency Gunn Jorid Roset, the Norwegian Ambassador to Malaysia was present to launch the campaign together with AEON management as well as with CVS and HealthifyMe App team.
“From our annual Seafood Consumer Insights, we know that Norway is the preferred country of origin for Malaysians when it comes to purchasing Fjord Trout, Our survey showed that Malaysians are known to choose Norwegian Fjord Trout for its health and nutritional benefits,” said Asbjorn Warvik Rortveit, Norwegian Seafood Council’s Regional Director, South-East Asia. Norwegian Fjord Trout is gradually gaining popularity in Malaysia for its fine quality the fish has to offer. The evident is in the export volumn of fresh Norwegian Fjord Trout that has been increasing from 77 tonnes in 2010 to 1670 tonnes in 2018.
Norwegian Fjord Trout, ocean-farmed in the pristine cold waters in the natural fjords of Norway, has such a unique oceanic clean flavour that can rival the ones of the favorite salmon. In fact, when savored as sashimi, the Norwegian Fjord Trout has such a luscious note along with the melt-in-the-mouth creaminess of the fish due to its beautiful marbling and deep red flesh.
The fjord trout is an aquacultured fish, raised in net-pens in the natural environment of the fjords and fed formulated feed hence it is safe to consume in raw form of sashimi. The fish is said to have nutritional values such as Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin A, Iodine and antioxidants. It is a versatile fish that can also be cooked in our local flavours.
Besides special promotional pricing, customers can take advantage of other participating partners such as Hospital Cardiac Vascular Sentral Kuala Lumpur (CVS) and HealthifyMe App where they will be carrying out health talks and free health checks, dietician advice and fitness advice by cardiologist consultants, dieticians and fitness experts.
At the launch, consultant dietician Indra Balaratnam was also present for a cooking demo of two recipes featuring Norwegian Fjord Trout. Both recipes, Fjord Trout Rasa Asam Pedas and Easy Fjord Trout Seafood Pasta is easy to whip up and is healthy and tasty too.
FJORD TROUT RASA ASAM PEDAS
Serves: 3 to 4
500g Fjord Trout fillet – cut into chunks
8 ladies fingers
3 stalks of lemongrass
1 torch ginger flower
2 medium tomatoes
Few sprigs of daun kesom (Vietnamese mint leaves)
2 Tablespoon sugar
4 Tablespoons tamarind pulp (asam jawa pulp) + 3 cups of water - strained
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients for the spice paste to be blended together:
15 dried chilies – soak in water (optional tip: You can remove the
seeds if you want it less spicy)
1 medium red onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
1 teaspoon-size square of belacan (shrimp paste)
1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
· In a non-stick wok, gently heat the olive oil and sauté the blended spice paste for about 8 minutes until fragrant
· Add in the lemon grass and torch ginger flower and stir in the spice paste
· Add in the tamarind pulp water and bring to a slight simmer.
· Add in the daun kesom and bring to a boil
· Add the sugar to season.
· Add in the ladies fingers and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes to blanch
· Lastly, add the Fjord Trout and allow to cook for 2 more minutes until the fish is gently cooked.
· Serve immediately with rice and vegetables
EASY FJORD TROUT SEAFOOD PASTA
200 grams spaghettini pasta – cooked al dente as per packaged instructions
300 grams Fjord Trout – cut into cubes
200 grams prawns – peeled
8 cloves garlic – minced
100 grams cherry tomatoes – halved
80 grams yellow capsicum – deseeded and finely sliced
Bunch of parsley -- chopped
250 ml prawn stock
3 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt & crushed black pepper to taste
Chili flakes (optional)
· Marinate the Fjord Trout and prawns with paprika, salt and crushed black pepper for 10 minutes
· Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan
· Sautee half of the minced garlic, Fjord Trout and prawns until lightly pink
· Remove from pan and set aside
· Heat 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil and sautee the remainder of the minced garlic
· Add in the cherry tomatoes and sliced yellow capsicum. Stirfry for 2 minutes till slightly tender
· Toss in the spaghettini and mix well. Add in the prawn stock and simmer
· Mix in the cooked Fjord Trout and prawns with the spaghettini
· Season with crush black pepper, salt and paprika to taste
· Finally toss in the chopped parsley
· Serve with extra chili flakes and wedge of lemon (optional)
Throughout the month of October in all AEON outlets, there will be giveaways with purchase of Norwegian Fjord Trout, health screening packages by CVS and Premium Access promotions by HealthifyMe App.
Do head over to any AEON outlets to catch this great promotion of Norwegian Fjord Trout!
For more information, please visit their website: https://en.seafood.no/ or Facebook: www.facebook.com/seafoodfromnorway/